Prepare college-and career-ready students with the knowledge, skills, attitudes and behaviors to personally succeed and contribute to the common good.
Fifth Grade Grandparent Essay Contest
Four Student 1st Prizes of $75 Visa Gift Cards and Four Student 2nd Prizes of $50 Visa Gift Cards. Four SCHOOL Prizes of $500 each from Colorado AARP.
The CSPERA Grandparent Essay Application is available on this CSPERA website, www.cspera.org. Students may simply be given contest directions by the teacher, and then do their work at home, or the essay could be a part of in-class writing instruction and practice.
This contest is for fifth grade students only. The essay's content should be about "Why my Grandparent is the Best in the World," or "Why My Grandparents are the Best in the World."
DEADLINE FOR ALL ENTRIES TO REACH THE CSPERA OFFICE: APRIL 3, 2015
If you have any questions please just email us at email@example.com
School of Promise
The School of Promise distinction has been granted to Bricker Elementary School to ensure third through fifth grade students are given the best chances to succeed, specifically in the area of mathematics.
The five tenets of our School of Promise are:
- High Expectations of students, parents, teachers and administrators
- High Accountability of students, parents, teachers and administrators
- Extended Learning Opportunities for students struggling with necessary skills and concepts, including after-school tutoring for 90 minutes with a highly qualified teacher
- 45-minute Math Intervention throughout the school day provided by "math fellows" using Do The Math
- Extended School Year during the summer months for students meeting set criteria to close achievement gap
High quality instruction will continue to be a focus at Bricker Elementary School, but the School of Promise will provide additional resources to students. Students struggling will be required to attend afterschool tutoring to receive the support they need. Dinner will be provided as part of their participation.
The Bricker Principal or Assistant Principal will contact students who meet the requirements to join this program.
View the School of Promise flyer.
Learn about our district