Prepare college-and career-ready students with the knowledge, skills, attitudes and behaviors to personally succeed and contribute to the common good.
School of Promise
The School of Promise distinction has been granted to Bricker Elementary School to ensure third through fifth grade students are given the best chances to succeed, specifically in the area of mathematics.
The five tenets of our School of Promise are:
- High Expectations of students, parents, teachers and administrators
- High Accountability of students, parents, teachers and administrators
- Extended Learning Opportunities for students struggling with necessary skills and concepts, including after-school tutoring for 90 minutes with a highly qualified teacher
- 45-minute Math Intervention throughout the school day provided by "math fellows" using Do The Math
- Extended School Year during the summer months for students meeting set criteria to close achievement gap
High quality instruction will continue to be a focus at Bricker Elementary School, but the School of Promise will provide additional resources to students. Students struggling will be required to attend afterschool tutoring to receive the support they need. Dinner will be provided as part of their participation.
The Bricker Principal or Assistant Principal will contact students who meet the requirements to join this program.
View the School of Promise flyer.